Why Do Cats Follow You Into The Toilet?
Do you want to know why do cats follow you into the toilet? Well, I’m going to tell you the truth.
Cats have a natural curiosity, and an inclination to explore, even in your very own bathroom.
If you have a cat that follows you into the toilet, it is not uncommon for them to turn their head over to where you are and start sniffing around the bottom of the toilet bowl.
This part is the most interesting part. Because if you’re ever lucky enough to stumble across what they are after, then you will not find any treats of some sort or a treat at all, but only just a mouse or a chicken’s ear!
- That’s right, a wild nature. And you should know that cats have a very keen sense of smell, which is why they will sniff around the bathroom of a person they don’t know. All it takes is one tiny piece of human waste, to send them searching.
- Now, you could throw a few sticks of catnip inside the toilet and they would come running all over again, but then you would never get a picture of them as well. I hope you understand the reason.
- Exactly why do cats follow you into the toilet? Well, think about it… They are curious and because they are so strong-willed, they would love to explore what they call their territory.
- Now, if you are not going to grab it, you would be in danger of being eaten, and thus, their territory would be violated, and they would set out to investigate the rest of the room.
Knowing this, you would probably feel quite angry at yourself if you were to enter the bathroom and see a cat following you in there.
The truth is, you should be enjoying this as much as they are, as a great example of how nature works.
Cats will not normally eat anything, but when they catch a mouse by its ears, and they have nothing to eat, it can only mean one thing… They want to satisfy their instincts, which also means knowing what you find in your own bowel movements is part of your home that they are protecting from other predators.
Now, if you ever don’t want to lose that kind of cat in your house, you will have to learn to let it know what it wants.
If you want to know why do cats follow you into the toilet, you will have to learn to let them go about their own business without invading yours.
Also, remember, that you can never have too many cats, and this way of maintaining their place will ensure that they will always be looking for mice, and if you ever decide to stop them from doing that, they will eventually invade your house. Don’t let them, though, and they will come back forever.
How To Train Your Cat To Use The Toilet
Learning how to train your cat to use the toilet is a lot easier than you might think.
In fact, it’s actually fun and rewarding. Your cat will get to save some time while you’re out doing other things by just using the bathroom at home instead of fetching food from the kitchen table.
Before you try to train your cat to use the toilet, consider a few things first.
- For one thing, cats are really messy. So, it won’t be a surprise if it causes some mess in the house.
- That’s one of the reasons why they like to defecate on furniture and carpets.
- They also like to take a leak in all different types of places. At least that’s what they do to relieve themselves. And the only thing you need to remember is to not reprimand your cat if it’s trying to use the toilet the way you taught it.
You can start your training cat to use the toilet by just making sure your cat has a clean area to go. In most cases, they like to go in places where there’s no house so you have to make sure to clean up after them. A good option would be to put up some scented litter or cat urine absorbent pads in that same area.
You can choose to buy one of those products for your pet or just let them use the pads that are available for their use. Just make sure that they know where they can find those litter boxes though. Cats like to use them for scent marking purposes and you can catch them sniffing them around your house too.
Once you’ve figured out where your cat likes to use the toilet, you’re ready to begin your toilet training. The next step is to keep the area clean at all times. Don’t leave anything lying around, including the litter boxes and the pads. A dirty place to poop means more fecal matter that will need to be eliminated.
Before you even bring your cat to the litter box, you should make sure that you give it food and water in case it needs to go. Make sure to also give it regular baths. This is so your cat can wash its whole body when it’s wiping out to use the toilet.
- The reason for this is that potty training is sometimes difficult for cats. You don’t want to hurt them when you try to train them to use the toilet. There’s nothing worse than having to hold a litter box for your cat when it jumps up on you!
- One of the most helpful of all potty training tips is to choose a designated spot to toilet train your cat. That way, you don’t have to worry about them getting off of furniture and finding its way to the litter box. They also won’t find it as easy to use the potty if they get a little curious about it.
Finally, you need to practice some toilet training to be sure that it’s a success. Ask your cat to flush the feces right away. You should do the same.
While your cat is in the training phase, do whatever you need to do to be a distraction. Remove yourself from the room if necessary and let your cat go to the bathroom on its own. Just don’t correct it, if it uses the wrong spot.
It’ll want to pee, then want to wipe itself, then change spots and finally use the litter box, and eventually you’ll want to reward your cat for using the toilet properly. And that’s the best part.
Is Your Cat Pooping Out Toxic Cat Waste?
Have you ever wondered about the possible existence of a toxic cat fecal waste that is often left by your pets? It may be possible that this trash can be one way of exposing your cat to a dangerous parasite. This is known as toxoplasmosis, and it is one of the most common diseases in cats.
The feces is usually a common part of the house. It’s a normal process for your cat to throw away its food in the litter box and after the kittenhood, they will tend to leave their waste in the litter box.
There are different reasons why your cat might throw the feces and one of the reasons could be the presence of a parasite called Toxoplasma gondii. This kind of parasite can be found in cat poop as well as in the infected cat’s urine.
T. gondii is a tiny parasitic organism that can cause this illness, if the cat gets infected with it. In the infected cat, the parasite is located in the cat’s brain.
It can be fatal to the cat if left untreated, so it is very important that you detect any signs of toxoplasmosis to prevent it from spreading to other people or animals.
You need to be aware of the signs of toxoplasmosis and you need to act on them immediately, if they appear.
- One sign of toxoplasmosis is the cat urinating frequently or having a weight loss of ten percent or more of its normal weight.
- The second sign is the condition that your cat usually shows when it cannot defecate, which is it urinates at an abnormal time or when there is extreme hunger or the cat scratches itself excessively.
- If your cat doesn’t seem to act normal, you may want to consult your veterinarian or contact a local veterinary clinic to have the cat tested for this illness.
Most cat owners get so angry about their cat’s behavior that they don’t see it as a problem, but in reality, it is probably the most common kind of health problem that your cat could have.
If you think that your cat could be infected with this illness, there are some good ways to prevent it from getting any further, which is to avoid feeding your cat its diet consisting of canned foods. You can feed your cat fruits and vegetables instead.
Also, you should be careful with the supplements that your cat consumes, as the most common way to get infected with this parasite is to ingest supplements that were manufactured for cats, which could have contained this kind of toxoplasmosis.
Some of the treatments for toxoplasmosis include anti-parasitic drugs like Thiabendazole and Neomycin.
This kind of treatment may also be given in humans, as the parasite infects cats and dogs the same way. Your veterinarian will probably recommend the use of intravenous drugs and intravenous glucose.
Once your cat is infected with toxoplasmosis, it would be good to prevent its re-infection.
To prevent this kind of infection, you should give your cat a regular routine that keeps it from getting contaminated with the parasite. Since most cats do not suffer from any symptoms of toxoplasmosis, you might as well prepare for the worst.
Why You Should Never Flush Cat Litter
If you have cats and you know you have cat litter, then you must have wondered as to why you should never flush cat poop or litter. You can flush it down the toilet if you so wish but what is the point? Why do we keep doing this?
Why do we keep flushing cat litter down the toilet? Well, the answer is simply because cats are completely dependent on humans for their diet.
Cat litter is very cheap to purchase, it is easily available in all kinds of shapes and colours, and it is easy to prepare. Cats do not need to go searching for a meal, they just lick the poop from the litter box in order to obtain it.
How embarrassing is it when you are done cleaning and have clean bathroom floors and clean cat litter, only to see a huge mess on the carpet or outside the home with the urine, and then finding that there are some nasty surprises inside the house too.
But the question is what are those nasty surprises? And what is the best way to get rid of cat poop?
One thing that you should never do is keep using your cat litter and then flush it down the toilet.
Your home is not an expensive new car, or even a house. I do not care how much money you have or how nice your home is, it is a liability, and it is up to you as the homeowner to take care of the problem.
- So first off, you need to be aware of the fact that a cat litter, is very unhealthy for your home, and it is one of the main reasons that there is such a large amount of regular household debris that ends up in the garden. Regularly used cat litter is full of bacteria and pathogens, which leads to green water to spread.
- Not to mention the big thick clumps of cat poop that look as though they have not been touched in years, but then again they have been there for quite a long time.
- Now that you have read this article and maybe even started thinking about it, it is time for you to take the action to clean up your mess.
- You could consider buying a new cat litter (or two) and then flush it down the toilet, but unless you have lots of time and money, you will have to just do what you do now, which is to dispose of the cat litter in the garden.
- Another alternative to keep in mind is to soak the litter in vinegar, which will kill any bugs in the cat litter and remove the odor.
Do you really want to put your family’s health at risk, and the health of your cat’s health, by not taking care of the problem of cat litter?
In addition, do you really want to waste all of your money each month on litter boxes when all you really need to do is wash the box once a week and keep it clean?
What is the point of giving your home a brand new clean look, when you put your family at risk each and every time you empty the cat litter into the toilet? It is time for you to stop this dangerous situation that is killing your cats and is seriously endangering your home. It is time to take the action and do something about the mess that is currently being created.
What Makes Cats Litter So Peeved?
Cat litters are made from bentonite clay. The clay is pressed into the litter box to produce a moist, loose consistency that traps litter and is easier to shape, but also creates a mess. As a result, most cat litters are made from mixed material like wood shavings, paper, or shredded newspaper.
The bentonite clay (also known as bent-clay or bentonite dust) is mixed with water in a small plastic cup for cleaning, and then the mixture is allowed to sit overnight.
The next day, the mixture is carefully sifted through a sieve and then left to dry. In order to ensure the most clean cat litter, and also to retain it’s moisture for a longer period of time, bentonite clay must be allowed to sit for several days between mixing again after an appropriate amount of time for the desired use.
There are many things that can affect the formulation of the bentonite clay; however, most of these problems do not happen often enough to cause concern. The most common bentonite clay problems are pH and trace minerals.
The pH levels are maintained naturally by the pH of the environment; however, there are times when more acidic environments will change the pH of the bentonite, making it more alkaline.
Cats are very sensitive to the acid in their urine, especially if it is very strong. To counteract this, most cat litters are made from a combination of bentonite and baking soda.
The baking soda is used to neutralize the acidity in the urine, while the bentonite helps provide a strong base for the urine to stick to.
This is the reason why some cats will urinate in litter boxes rather than their litterbox.
For cats who have bladder infections, or who are prone to urinary infections because of bacteria that can be found in the litter, bentonite clay may be helpful.
Other cats will go off their diets immediately. Bentonite clay also allows the cat to urinate more often; it’s not uncommon for a cat to urinate every time it gets up in the morning.
If your cat has a urinary tract infection, the bentonite clay will keep the urinary tract healthy.
You will notice more activity and a difference in your cat’s appetite. It’s also less likely that your cat will have frequent accidents or to vomit.
It’s important to remember that bentonite clay should be cleaned by the same method as the cat litter.
Failure to clean cat litters properly will result in more serious health problems for the cat, such as urinary tract infections, blockages, and bladder infections.
It Is Better To Use Biodegradable Containers For Disposing Your Pet’s Waste
The best way to discard your pet’s waste is by emptying it into a biodegradable container.
This is an eco-friendly way of getting rid of your pet’s waste and making sure that it does not end up in the landfill. Not only is it better for the environment, but it is also more hygienic. Here are some of the benefits of using biodegradable containers.
- It saves you money – There are many instances where people would want to put their pet’s waste in compost bins.
But usually they would not be able to do so because they cannot afford to buy biodegradable material.
You can easily buy biodegradable material and use it as fertilizer in your garden or yard. It would not cost you much, and you can have it in no time. For a lot of people, it is a lot more economical to use biodegradable material rather than not.
- It saves you the effort – Composting can be tedious and tiring, and this is when using different materials can be really helpful. You will not feel any stress in doing this, and you can even do it from the comfort of your home. If you do not like to do the work, then there are other options as well. You can even do this at the convenience of your own home.
- It allows for maintenance – This is the best way to get rid of your pet’s waste. Because it is biodegradable, you can keep using it and do not have to worry about it ending up in the landfill. This is a great relief because it eliminates the worries of cleaning up after your pet has finished using it. Also, it does not require a lot of extra effort in making sure that it is kept clean.
- It enables you to do whatever you want – It is really simple to empty your waste into a container. All you need to do is to bring it to your nearest local animal shelter or throw it out. With all these advantages, it makes sense to have it right away. This is the best way to do whatever you want and to avoid worrying about anything.
- It saves time – This is the best way to dispose of your waste and get rid of your pet’s waste at the same time. You do not have to spend time to waste and transport it to the local landfill. You do not have to worry about your waste and have it taken away by the waste management company. All you have to do is to bring it and dispose of it right away.
- It enables you to do whatever you want – It is better to make use of different materials in order to get rid of your pet’s waste. You do not have to worry about having the right container and making sure that it is cleaned properly. In short, you will be able to do whatever you want and not have to put much effort in it.
- It enables you to do whatever you want – With all these benefits, it makes sense to make use of biodegradable containers in order to dispose of your pet’s waste. And it can also be used to keep the waste away. So, there is really no reason to waste your precious time to waste and transport it to the landfill.