The Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box is a great litter box for multi-cat households.
Designed to off your furry friends enough space to do their business in comfort, the litter area in this Littermaid model features more space than other boxes.
Extra high walls ensure all the litter and waste stay inside the box and not on the floor.
The removable automatic rake ensures easy cleaning while the motion sensors automatically activate the box?s cleaning cycle.
A safety bar was added to provide the rake stops if there is a blockage. The 10-minute cleaning cycle gives you can enough time to get in, get done, and get out.
- Carbon filters remove odors quickly
- Large litter area is one of a kind, and biggest in class
- Perfect for multi-cat households
- High walls ensure all litter stays off your floor
- Paw cleaning ramp keeps your floor clean
- Automatic and manual sticking features
- One Littermaid LM980 Mega Self-Cleaning Litter Box
- One rake
- One paw cleaning ramp
- One scoop and rake cleaner
- Four carbon filters
- Four waste receptacles
- One AC adapter
- One back-up battery compartment
Pros and Cons
- Automatically scoops the litter
- Reduces amount of scooping a cat owner has to do
- Easy cleaning options
- Large litter area that was made for multi-cat households
- Waste collection is fast and easy
- Paw cleaning ramp keeps the floor around the unit clean
- Rake offers great scooping and cleaning capabilities
- 10-minute delay ensures your furry friend has time to take care of business and bounce before the process starts
- The unit?s motor is quite loud
- Handles feces better than urine
- You?ll still have to scoop the sides of this litter box on occasion
- Waste storage container is too small for households of 3+ cats
- Litter box features a wide area, but not much depth
Due to the large size of the litter area in this unit, we recommend this box for multi-cat households.
Cats will be able to use their own ?private? part of this box, which is especially important for territorial felines.
However, you cannot use this box with 3+ cats unless you?re willing to change the waste compartment very regularly. The waste area is not large enough for 3+ cats on a weekly basis.