The PetSafe 5 Meal Electronic Pet Feeder is an outstanding auto feeder for cats. It can feed your pet about five times per day, although only 4 of these meals are programmable. With the electronic pet feeder, you don’t have to worry about your pet overeating or not eating at all.
And with the digital timer, you can set a proper feeding plan and can allow one hour increments between your meals.
- Manufactured with rugged polypropylene
- The product features 5 compartments with 1 cup dry food capability
- Has a secure latching lid
- The device is very easy to program, and features a digital timer
- The removable food tray allows easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe
- It requires 4 D-Cell batteries
- One Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
Pros and Cons of PetSafe 5 Meal Pet Feeder :
- It has automatic dish feeder with digital timer.
- The digital timer on the product is very accurate
- Easy assembly and programming
- Works with both one time use and rechargeable batteries
- Very portable if heading out of town for a few nights
- Easily removable food tray for cleaning
- Dishwasher Safe
- Customized food servings per day
- Somewhat noisy when it activates
- Only works with batteries
- No on/off switch- you must remove the batteries
- No low battery indicator
- Moist food will go bad quickly since there is no way to put an ice pack under tray
Recommendations for Use
- Before leaving the pet alone with this feeder, you should try it several times. This will make sure your pet isn’t accidentally hurt.
- In case you want the food to remain moist, you should freeze the meal 12 hours prior to installing the food tray.
Verdict and Rating
According to most customers, the PetSafe 5 Meal Electronic Pet Feeder is one of the most simple pet food dispensers available in the market. It’s easy to use, and comes with various innovative features. If your pet is a heavy eater or if you’re pet eats moist food I would move towards a different product yet.