I will be covering all the major features of the unit and how it might positively benefit you over your old and smelly litter pan.
Scoop Free Features
- Unit functionality which automatically disposes your cats waste with ease.
- Disposable branded crystal litter trays that absorb urine and moisture, leaving an odorless and clean result.
- You do not need to clean or do any maintenance to the Scoop Free.
- Box dimensions are 27.5 x 19 x 7 inches.
- Litter area dimensions 14 x 14 inches.
- Disposable litter trays are plastic sealed to prevent leakage.
- The premium litter trays include blue crystal cat litter
- Cleaning cycle is activated after a 20 minute delay time after the cat leaves the litter box.
Scoopfree Product description
The unit is a fully automated litter box solution which will keep your cats sand box cleaning demands well in order so you are not tied into cleaning your cats litter trey on a daily basis. It?s a set and forget system that has got all customers talking about its great features.
The unit was even proudly supported by Animal Planets being one of the best litter boxes on the market.
How does the ScoopFree work?
The unit works in conjunction with specially designed litter trays that fit flawlessly with in the units litter area. The crystal litter used for the prefilled litter tray is used to soak up the moisture of cat urine and effectively stops urine odor in its tracks. The cats feces are also affected by the crystal litter, soaking up the moisture and drying out the feces which insures there is minimal odor.
Once the cat has done his business the advanced optical light sensor system located on the ScoopFree is activated which detects the use of the waste box.
After the 20 minute delay period is finished the rake mechanism is engaged for scooping up the dirty litter and feces into the purple covered waste container to complete the cleaning phase, stopping the manifestation of contamination to the unused litter. The rake then retracts back to its normal idle stationary position running back over the litter, smoothing out the litter as it returns.
How to set up the ScoopFree?
The unit is so easy to setup a child can do it, the unit is made up of 3 main parts that need to be assembled.
These parts include:
- disposable litter tray (Blue Crystal)
- Frame lid
One of the first things you have to do is to set the tray?s lid under the litter tray as protection. Then, lift the trey and slide the crystal litter pan underneath, you should hear a ?click? that means the sensor is on the waste trap are connected to the ones on the litter tray.
PROS and CONS Summary
- Very solid and rugged design, built to last.
- Easy to assemble and setup.
- Reliable system.
- The cleaning process is a lot quieter.
- 20 minutes delayed cleaning functionality, waste is dried out before the Scoopfree?s rake starts cleaning the litter box.
- Significantly reduces cat waste odors in the household
- Safe for cats to use thanks to the automatic optical sensor?s system.
- The walls are at a sufficient height to combat most litter kicking cats.
- The blue crystals litter allow the waste to dry out and reduce any odor occurrence.
- Long power cable.
- Blue crystals do not stick to the cats paws as often as most other kitty litters.
- It possesses an automatic reset cleaning cycle if your cat re-enters the litter trey during or before 20 minute period.
- The on-board program allows you to adjust the time delay when the cleaning cycle starts.
- There is a counter that keeps track of your cats daily use of the cat box.
- Additional attachments which will save you more money in the long run, check out the ScoopFree Hood
- The system can be seen to be expensive to maintain especially when using the pre-filled disposable trays.
- Clean litter also seems to get mixed up with the dirty litter when it is getting scraped into the waste container.