Have you been looking for comprehensive reviews on the Cat Genie 120 litter box?
Then you have come to the right place?
Is it really a ?hands-free? cat litter solution?
I will be reviewing all the major features of this unit including, the key features, how the unit?works, how to set it up, the pros and the cons, my helpful tips and tricks as well as my own conclusion of the this?waste box.
The Cat Genie litter box?is the first and only self?flushing of its kind?which uses water and washable plastic granules (Plastic reusable litter) which actually?functions like a flushing toilet for a cat, in fact the unit?it is the first environmentally friendly?Green litter box?to hit the market.
My first impression of the construction of the litter pan?is extremely solid and durable, using heavy duty materials such as solid plastic for the surrounding enclosure, aluminum for the pins and a rugged motor design which is capable to with stand many uses. The unit comes with a deep and spacious circular litter base which can easily handle large?cats as well as multiple household cats, the high wall design stops any?litter kicking cats from kicking litter out of the waste box.
This Cat genie quite a large?unit in comparison to most other cat boxes?on the market (24.5 x 19.2 x 21 inches) so you would need plenty of room for this unit to sit, ideally in a laundry room or somewhere with a water inlet and power access.
Catgenie 120 Litter Box Features
The?cleaning process is fully automated, from the scooping, waste disposal and right down to the cleaning and sanitizing, there is no need for manual interaction unless the plastic litter or the sanitizing fluid needs replenishing.
- Scooping and Odor free solution
- No manual cleaning
- Solid construction built to last
- Uses biodegradable Sanitizing solution cartridges
- Self-flushing solution using water
- Plastic litter granules for reuse
How does the litter?CatGenie works?
The Cat Genie automatic litter tray is connected to a cold water supply ideally located in the laundry and a second line known as the sewer line can be installed into any sink pipe.
Washable plastic biodegradable litter granules are placed inside of the litter pan base section where your cat will do their business. Water is dripped down through the granules into a base of the waste box which contains a special mix of sanitizing solution known as SaniSolution.
During the automated cleaning process, the base of the sandbox bowl starts to rotate while simultaneously the granules are filtering through the scooper. The scooper traps all the solid feces and then scoops it up into the waste receptacle for further breakdown.
PROS and CONS Summary
- Programmable automatic flushing functionality which automates the whole process.
- Unit cleans itself from harmful bacteria and is safe for your cat or kitten.
- Eliminates all manual scooping and odor
- The unit works with multiple cats with ease
- Easy to assemble and set up with no screwing or tools required.
- Solid quality made construction.
- Avoids any contact with litter or cat waste.
- Hypoallergenic and environment friendly litter.
- Unit works as advertised, no hidden requirements.
- The unit can be unattended for days to weeks on end, ideal for long trips.
- Fussy cats will never refuse this cat box?as it is constantly cleaned.
- Reduces household landfill waste
- The full cleaning process can take up to 20 minutes and this can be quite long if you have more than one cat.