In this article, I will be taking a closer look at the Litter Robot II Automatic Self-Cleaning Litter Box.
This review is written from my own personal experience with the LR With that being said I am not trying to sell you on the review.
Litter Robot 2 description
The Litter Robot is one of the most sophisticated self-cleaning cat treys out on the market today, coming in as the best automatic litter box on the market.
The unit is specifically designed to avoid any scooping, cleaning and general maintaining, for people who have been looking for a NO Scoop solution.
The unit can go for weeks without cleaning thanks to the roomy waste receptacle located at the base of the unit. But whenever it needs a clean all you have to do is simply open the waste container draw and tie the waste bag, then replace it with another waste bag and you’re done.
The LR is made up of a durable solid plastic construction that is made to last. The spheres internals is made up of thick, slippery rubber lining enabling litter clumps to slide into the waste bin with ease.
The unit has a modern spherical design that goes hand in hand with the functionality of flawlessly removing all sorts of cat waste and odor. The spacious waste container is located at the base of the unit which functions as a regular draw hatch where a bag is placed to collect the waste.
The LR comes with an easy to use push button programmable user interface control panel which enables the user to quickly program the unit to the specifications of their pets needs.
Litter Robot 2 Features
- Easy to set up and operate
- No need for additional trays or even non-reusable receptacles.
- It functions along with virtually any clumping kitty pallets.
- Decreases kitty litter container odor utilizing an innovative carbon filtration system.
- Safe for your household cats and other Pets.
- Works comfortably with any biodegradable kitty litter.
- Durable Construction.
- Comfortably accommodates 1 to 7 household cats.
- Saves you tremendously on litter costs.
- Eliminates trailing.
- Odor FREE design
- Product Dimensions: 24 x 22 x 29 inches ; 24 pounds
How does the Litter Robot work?
Every time your cat uses the LR the electrical sensor and an onboard computer to trigger a seven-minute timed delay, this ensures that your cat doesn’t re-enter the cat box during the self-cleaning the process, however, if the cat does re-enter the cat trey within that 7 minute delay period the units smart sensor is triggered which kills any cleaning operations until your cat leaves the area.
After seven minutes the LR will proceed to clean the cat pan area, the sphere on the base of the unit will begin its slow rotation in order filter the and separate the clean litter from the waste.
The waste is then disposed of in the units waste receptacle for easy bagged disposal for later cleaning.
If your cat re-enters the sphere during the rotation process, the unit will shut itself off and reset itself to the next 7-minute cycle.
Cleaning the cat waste from unit is very simple and keeps you away from any direct contact from any waste, this involves opening the waste receptacle draw and removing the used bag and replacing the bag with a regular domestic garbage bag and its ready to use once again.
If you own one cat you can delay changing the waste bag every 2 weeks, however, if you have more cats you will have to change the waste bag more regularly.
PROS and CONS Summary
- Its very easy to set up, program and operate.
- Sleek design and fits easily into any home decor.
- No direct contact with waste.
- Extremely low maintenance for cleaning this device.
- NO manual scooping.
- Simple Push button operation
- Easy waste disposal
- Less cat litter is used
- NO odors
- There is no need to purchase expensive supplies or bags and kitty litter.
- It is quieter than most other self cleaning litter box systems.
- Made from solid plastic which is built to last
- It is recommended for manual use for kittens under the weight of 5 pounds.
- There is some noise when the unit is in the automatic cleaning process.